You’ve probably made a video this summer on your phone and posted it to Facebook to share with your family and friends – it’s just as easy to make a video for your business. It doesn’t have to get all fancy and Hollywood just because it’s for business!
It might be easier (and a bit less intimidating) to write a blog post, and you don’t need to do your hair, make up etc, however, let me share with you 3 ways that you can use video in your marketing and social media and no one expects perfection!!
Here’s a quick reminder why it’s worth using Video!
1. Higher conversion and open rates
2. Best way for people to get to know you online
3. Favoured by ALL social media platforms!
4. You are perceived with more expert status
5. It’s more engaging
If ‘no perfection’ is music to your ears, then keep reading – if ‘no perfection’ sends you into a cold sweat, that’s ok too. Not perfect video and image is one of the best ways to build trust and authenticity in your marketing.
1. Shoot a video on your phone of some tips or a useful exercise that you recommend to people. Post it straight from your phone to Facebook – the same way you would post a photo from your phone.
2. Update your pictures and quotes on Facebook, Instagram and other social media by using an app called Legend.im. Kim Garst introduced me to this app and it really adds a fresh look to your pictures and quotes. You can get it at the app store for approx $2. I haven’t played around with using it on Pinterest yet, but as quotes are popular there too, I will absolutely be trying that out.
3. Live video streaming on Periscope. You’ll see this blog post made on Periscope too as it is super easy and pretty fun to use. Periscope has the advantage of not being limited right now so you are not bound and tied the way you may feel that you are in Facebook right now.
Once you download the app, you can play around with it and share information, edutainment and inspiration too. This is also a great way to increase your Twitter followers as it is a Twitter feature. Please be sure to join me too at @Lindsay_deSwart.
Leave your comments below!